The LifeLong Over 60 Health Center is one of LifeLong Medical Care’s numerous Community Health Centers and is dedicated to serving seniors with chronic illnesses, physical and mental disabilities, and difficult financial circumstances.
LifeLong Over 60's Veggie Giveaway program aims to improve access to healthy fruits and vegetables to the underserved, senior population by distributing fresh produce donated by the Moraga and Walnut Creek Farmers’ Markets.
As the very first Veggie Giveaway program of LifeLong Medical Care, we are looking for dedicated volunteers to help carry on this tradition and significant service to our community.
Volunteers can fulfill any of the following roles:
- Picking up donated produce from the Moraga and/or Walnut Creek Farmers’ Market every other Sunday afternoon (12:45pm - ~2:15pm). Vehicle required.
- Storing produce securely overnight (i.e. vehicle, home, garage, etc.)
- Delivery of stored produce to the LifeLong Over 60 Health Center on Monday mornings at 8:00am
- Assisting in the sorting and packing of produce into bags, and distributing to underserved seniors on Monday mornings (8:00am - ~9:00am)
- Providing of health education, nutrition, cooking/recipe information to seniors
This position involves direct patient interaction as well as working with local farmers, clinic staff, and volunteers.
**Volunteer drivers are urgently needed and mileage reimbursements are available.**
Questions? Click "I want to help!" and/or email Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org
About LifeLong Medical Care
LifeLong Medical Care provides high-quality health and social services to underserved people of all ages; creates models of care for the elderly, people with disabilities and families; and advocates for continuous improvements in the health of our communities.
OUR CORE VALUES
- We respect each person and celebrate the rich diversity of our communities.
- We believe all people are entitled to quality health care that serves the whole person.
- We are dedicated to recruiting, training, and supporting a diverse, compassionate, and skilled staff.
- We are committed to eliminating health disparities.
- We maximize our impact on the health of our community through local, state and national partnerships.
- We continuously seek to hear our patients' voice as we assess, develop and improve our programs.
For more information, please visit www.lifelongmedical.org.
- Patient Care
- Elder care
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- 2-4 hrs every other week on Sundays &/or Mondays.
- Vehicle required. Minimum Age of 18- Opportunities for high school students can be accomodated.