Help cats and customers!
As a cat meet-&-greet volunteer, you would assist members of the public who are either interested in adopting a cat (or kitten) or who are looking for their lost cat.
There's almost no better feeling than assisting in an adoption or redemption!
Cleaning cat kennels, taking out the garbage, and washing dirty litterboxes, bowls, and laundry is also part of the job.
You would volunteer on a regularly scheduled on a weekly (or alternating week) basis.
At the moment RASKC offers the following timeslots-
- Wednesdays, 2-4pm (weekly
- Thursdays, 2-4pm (alternating weeks)
- Fridays, 2-4pm (alternating weeks)
- Sundays, 2-4pm (alternating weeks) Summer only
Initial commitment: Six shifts, plus two training shifts. Most assignments may continue indefinately if all is going well except summer-only posiitons.
Parent-youth teams welcome: Volunteers who are between 9- 15 years old must be accompanied by a parent at all times (or an adult the parent designates in writing), who also must become a volunteer.
16- 17 year old volunteers do not need a parent present if the parent signs certain paperwork.
Adults are most welcome too!
Required skills: Very good communication skills with the general public, staff, & other volunteers. Good cat-handling skills (or the ability to easily acquire them).
Other requirements: Easy acccess to the Internet and capability to access your online record to mark absences and fill-in shifts.
Next steps: Go to RASKC's website on volunteering--
1. Complete an initial online application
- Step 2 at www.kingcounty.gov/RASKCVolunteer
2. Register and attend new volunteer orientation
- Step 1 at www.kingcounty.gov/RASKCVolunteer
We look forward to working with you!
- Animal Care / Handling
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 9
- Orientation or Training
- Six shifts plus two training shifts
- 9-15 year olds with parent