A natural progression after "Story Telling and Game design from Scratch", this program focuses on the next programming concepts using Scratch language, via developing new games as well as art, science and math projects.
The students learn in depth:
- How to create new blocks to code their own functions
- The different data type supported by Scratch and how to use variables to enhance a user interface
- How to create and manipulate lists
- How to manipulate strings
The students' projects portfolio will become a series of problems they need to remix and solve. Far beyond just making games, they will learn how to simulate gravity, create a quiz to learn math, biology or geography, create their own educative project using all the concepts they learn
Unplugged activities provide a complement to explore more computer science concepts like learning how fax machine send digital images etc...
Volunteers are needed for "After school computer coding programs".
- No prior experience or IT background required
- Minimum age: 16 years
- Background check and TB test clearance are mandatory
Join our mailing list to know about future opportunities in Fremont.
More opportunities are available in Fremont, Los Gatos, Saratoga, and Sunnyvale.
To apply or for more information contact:
Webpage: www.codeforfun.com * Facebook: codeforfunusa
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16