Position: Digital Marketing Associate
Type: Unpaid Volunteer Position
Time Commitment: 10-15 hrs/week
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Passionate about Social Media and Online Marketing
- Experience in engaging on Social Networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Pinterest.
- Ability to research and execute Digital campaigns to creatively increase SSV's online presence.
- Ability to engage with followers on Social Channels and start a conversation
- Work with team leads to share content and ability to develop content for Digital channels
- Ability to research best practices
- Work with EngagePR to grow our Digital Marketing efforts and come up with creative ideas on a regular basis
- Monitor website traffic and collaborate with Web team to make improvements if necessary.
- Assist in driving traffic to the company website and increase newsletter sign ups
- Knowledge of SEO, Email Marketing, Google Adwords and Google Analytics a plus
- Track analytics for monitoring success of Digital Marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with internal teams to assist in creating event/ campaign specific landing pages.
- Attend events and help promote SSV. Live post on Social Media channels during events
Qualities and Skills/Experience:
- Familiar with or eager to learn tools like Klout, Bitly, Hootsuite, Twellow, Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, and Google Adwords
- Good Research skills
- Good Writing and Communication skills
- Organized and methodical
- Willingness to take initiative, responsibility and to learn
- Able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines consistently
- Ability to collaborate in a team setting and contribute to team goals.
- Experience in using MS Office
Send resume and writing samples to : Jobs@sustainablesv.org
About Sustainable Silicon Valley (SSV):
Founded in 2000, Sustainable Silicon Valley is a nonprofit dedicated to addressing tough sustainability challenges. SSV brings together leading tech companies, cities, counties, and research and educational institutions to solve sustainability issues that cannot be solved alone. SSV envisions a net positive Bay Area by 2050 where we produce more energy than we consume, sequester more carbon than we emit, and optimize water resources to ensure water resilience. Our strategy is to facilitate measurable projects, education, events, and policies that deliver solutions by activating SSV’s member network to reach the net positive Bay Area goals. Membership with SSV is a great avenue to share knowledge and connect with leaders in the Silicon Valley
- Reading / Writing
- Market Research / Analysis
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 15-20 hours/week