CalFresh Outreach Volunteers will help promote the CalFresh program, also known as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Volunteers will conduct CalFresh awareness, provide information, and share materials and resources about CalFresh at food distributions in the community while engaging and educating clients about food security.
Key responsibilities include:
* Conduct direct service CalFresh outreach to food-insecure families, individuals, seniors, disabled, and other diverse populations at FSD distributions throughout San Diego County
* 80% time spent in community and 20% time spent in office environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Passion for hunger relief, social justice, and interest in public benefits assistance or social work; previous volunteer experience with a non-profit organization preferred
* Ability to work in a variety of settings with culturally-diverse families and communities with the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively
* Bilingual skills highly desired (Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Arabic, Mandarin, etc.)
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please email the following to Rachel Oporto, CalFresh Capacity Coordinator, at email@example.com with the subject heading "Feeding San Diego - CalFresh Outreach Volunteer":
1) Resume; 2) Cover letter detailing how your experience relates to the responsibilities and duties outlined above, along with your dates of availability. No phone calls, please.
Members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, persons of disability are encouraged to apply.
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Case Work / Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours monthly
- 3 month commitment