Enjoy talking with people? Want to meet new community members? You can welcome and assist visitors by answering phone calls, taking reservations for programs, and providing resource or referral information. Community Thread needs dedicated and friendly volunteers to help as receptionists on an on-call basis. Help senior center participants, volunteers, and general community members get the services and information they need! You can meet new community members and make a difference.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Answer multi-purpose incoming calls, take messages and direct calls to appropriate person/program.
- Provide community information and referrals when appropriate.
- Provide a welcoming environment.
- Take reservations/sign-ups for programs, and collect fees if required.
- Assist staff as needed with special projects.
- Pleasant and professional communication style.
- Excellent people and phone skills.
- Knowledge and consideration for the needs of seniors.
- Comfortable with a multi-tasking office setting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office a plus.
- Flexible; one to three hour commitment Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm, 2-4 times a month on an on-call basis.
Volunteers must complete an application; we also check references. Contact us to learn more about the application process today!
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hour commitment 1-4 times/month
- Volunteer on an on-call basis