We are a non-profit who offers permanent supportive housing to women with a mental health diagnosis, as well as rehabilitative services such as financial counseling, employment training, medication education, on-site counseling, and fitness and nutrition programs.
Building dreams takes lots of behind-the-scenes work from dedicated volunteers, and we are looking for someone special to join our office team! You will have the opportunity of working directly with our Executive Director and Program Manager, as well as a unique opportunity to learn the ins-and-outs of affordable housing and mental health care. You will also have the opportunity to meet inspiring women and give back by helping them accomplish their dreams and aspirations.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Public Relations Coordinator to help our organization build and enhance our public image. We already have a special team who works on our website and social media presence, but we are looking for an experienced volunteer to improve our relations and image to the media, local business, government agencies, and related organizations. We would love to improve our messaging, press packets, and pamphlets, and to get our name and mission out there as much as possible.
The Public Relations Coordinator should have experience in the following areas
* Experience and training in public relations
* Excellent communication skills,both in-person and through written communication
* Ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects
* Passion for the movements of addressing poverty, affordable housing, homelessness, and mental health, and the desire to make a positive change in others’ lives
Time Commitment: This job description is for a part-time volunteer position for an estimated time commitment 2-10 hours a week, but we are very flexible. Please contact us for further information.
If you are interested in teaching our wonderful women the skills of managing their money, and you want to give back and change lives, please email a copy of your resume to Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org, and call us at 202-618-3346 if you have any questions about this opportunity. We will get back to you as soon as possible!We look forward to working with you soon!
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Social Work Coordinator (LCSW)
- Financial Counselor
- Social Media Volunteer
- SEEKING ASSISTANT FOR EXECUTIVE...
- Public Relations Coordinator
- SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGIST
- Mental Health Counselors
- Substance Abuse Counselor
- Licensed Food Handlers - Kitchen...
- Grant Writer and Coordinator
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Exercise Instructor