The Trustees of Reservations is looking for knowledgeable dedicated people to interact with visitors at The Old Manse in Concord. Volunteers will lead dynamic house tours, help visitors pick out books and merchandise and explain the benefits of becoming a member of the Trustees.
You will have the opportunity to learn from our experienced staff at one of our most exciting historic properties. You will also have the freedom to develop innovative programs and even conduct research in an area of particular interest to you. This experience can be tailored to your passions.
- Educate visitors and school groups through dynamic and individualized tours of the Old Manse house and attic.
- Engage visitors and promote sales at the specialty bookstore
- Process ticket sale transactions
- Promote and process Trustees memberships
- Knowledge of and passion for American history, literature and/or philosophy
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience working with diverse audiences
- Experience in education or interpretation and/or an undergraduate degree in American studies, English, history or literature, preferred but not required
Flexible, time commitment to be negotiated
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible, time commitment to be negotiated
- Art and the Landscape...
- A New Framework for Dialogue
- New England Town Hall Meeting
- Historical Interpreter - The Old...
- Harvest Volunteers
- The Old Manse Event Volunteers
- Public Program Assistants:...
- Event Assistants-Harvest Festival
- Pop Up Program Assistants-Boston...
- Communications Outreach...
- Cheese Ambassador, Boston Public...
- Kitchen Assistant, Boston Public...
- Program Assistants: Boston...
- A House of My Own: A Musical...
- Construction Assistant-Boston...