The Trustees of Reservations is looking for knowledgeable dedicated people to interact with visitors at The Old Manse in Concord. Volunteers will lead dynamic house tours, help visitors pick out books and merchandise and explain the benefits of becoming a member of the Trustees.
You will have the opportunity to learn from our experienced staff at one of our most exciting historic properties. You will also have the freedom to develop innovative programs and even conduct research in an area of particular interest to you. This experience can be tailored to your passions.
- Educate visitors and school groups through dynamic and individualized tours of the Old Manse house and attic.
- Engage visitors and promote sales at the specialty bookstore
- Process ticket sale transactions
- Promote and process Trustees memberships
- Knowledge of and passion for American history, literature and/or philosophy
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience working with diverse audiences
- Experience in education or interpretation and/or an undergraduate degree in American studies, English, history or literature, preferred but not required
Minimum 6 month commitment (flexible)
Multiple shifts avaialble, minimum 1 day per week
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Min. 6 month commitment, multiple shifts available
- Spend your Morning at a Farm!
- Cheese Ambassador-Boston Public...
- Kitchen Assistant, Boston Public...
- Historical Interpreter - The Old...
- Membership Assistant-Boston Office
- Harvest Assistant-Chestnut Hill...
- The Old Manse Event Assistants
- CSA Distribution...
- Event Volunteers-Boston...
- Public Program Assistants:...