The Hallie Q. Brown (HQB) Early Learning Centeris a NAEYC accredited child care center with a 4-Star Parent Aware Rating. The program seeks to ensure children are ready for school by providing them a structured learning environment that is safe, creative and positive, and where children are encouraged, supported and enhance their self-esteem. The program serves children 6 weeks-5 years old.
Care for our community’s youngest members by assisting teachers in Hallie Q. Brown’s Early Childhood Center with children ages 6 months through 5 years. Help provide a structured learning environment to promote child development through activities such as:
- Assist children ages 6 weeks-5 years in developing their social, listening, reading, writing, math, inquiry, art skills; and physical development through age appropriate skill-building activities and games
- Initiate activities and projects (e.g. cooking, sewing, reading, etc.)
- Help with act ivies and projects as needed (e.g. rubbing backs at nap time, help serve meals, assist on the playground, reading, art/crafts, etc.)
- Offer encouragement; model conflict resolution methods; provide direction and order for program participants under direction of Program Staff
Please note: This position requires a commitment of a minimum of 1 hour every weekday, as consistency is essential for children in the Early Learning Center.
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Child Care
- Teaching / Instruction
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 1 hour every week day (Monday-Friday)
- Minimum 3 month commitment. Early Learning Center hours are 7am-6pm.