Do you have a big heart and a knack for training dogs? We need you!
As a Beau's Wish foster home, you will be responsible for the temporary care and feeding of any foster dogs in your home. You can choose how many dogs you can foster at one time and the level of care you're able to provide. Dogs with moderate to severe anxiety will require more training expertise but not all dogs in the program require intensive training. You will be responsible for providing food (in most cases) and transportation to/from the vet for appointments. Typically, each dog stays in a foster home between several weeks and several months. However, Beau's Wish cannot guarantee that any dog will be adopted within a specific time period. Some dogs stay longer than a few months, and we advise that you take this into consideration when deciding if you would like to participate in our foster program.
Foster home responsibilities:
- Provide food for foster dogs (unless a specialized diet is required for medical reasons)
- Provide transportation to and from veterinary appointments and adoption events
- Evaluate dog's personality and provide recommendations for ideal permanent home environment
- Provide information regarding personality, needs, etc. (information is used for advertising and to screen for the best adoption opportunity)
- Communicate regularly with the adoption coordinator regarding any changes to animal health, behavioral issues, etc.
- Present a professional appearance as a Beau's Wish representative and provide a clean/quiet space in which potential adopters can meet a foster dog
Foster home requirements:
- Live in Nashville or surrounding area
- Willingness and ability to host a dog for weeks or months, possibly longer
- Some availability on weekends and/or evenings so potential adopters can meet the dog (adoption coordinator will work with you to agree on a convenient time for foster families and adopters)
- Allow potential adopters to visit your house when meeting foster dog (all adopters are pre-screened and interviewed by our adoption coordinator first)
Beau's Wish responsibilities:
- Match foster volunteer with appropriate level of care required for the dog
- Provide training for the foster volunteer whenever necessary
- Pay for all vet care and medications
- Screen and interview all potential adopters before inviting them to a foster home
- Provide all advertising
- Provide assistance with writing foster dog biographies and taking pictures/videos if needed
We’re only limited in how many dogs we can help by the number of foster homes we have. The solution is simple-the more foster homes we have, the more dogs we can save!
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- several weeks to several months or more
- ability to provide food and transportation for the foster dog(s)