Circles Childcare Program Volunteer Expectations
- Volunteers will be expected to arrive at 5:30pm for dinner and stay through the end of the Circles and Getting Ahead meetings. Volunteers should also help with clean-up immediately following the end of the evening. In short, plan on being available from 5:30-8:10pm. If you have to leave early or arrive late for some reason, please let the childcare coordinator know as soon as you can.
- Volunteers are to be actively involved with the children during the youth programs portion of Circles. For example, if the children are sitting in a circle, then the volunteers should be in that circle with them. If the children are doing a craft, volunteers need to be helping them with the craft. Sitting and observing from a distance will not be considered service and will not be counted toward volunteer hours.
- Cell phones, iPods, and any other form of media player should be left at home or turned off during volunteer time. When you are working with the children, they need to know they have your undivided attention. In the case of an emergency or needing to contact your ride, please leave the room and use your phone. However, you should not be making personal calls or texting during your time with the children.
- In the case of a discipline issue or child injury or illness, please go directly to the coordinator. This is to protect you as a volunteer and why we have paid staff on site. If there is even a question in your mind about whether you should, go ahead and ask. We want a safe environment for our youth.
- A sign-in sheet will be provided each week for volunteers to write in the time they start and finish. This is so we can keep track of the hours volunteers have served with us throughout the year. The coordinator will sign off on your hours every week to make sure you get the proper credit for them. As long as you meet the above expectations during your time, you will receive two and one half hours toward your community service goal for each week you help.
Dinner Will Be Provided
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Crisis Intervention
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 3 hours on a scheduled basis