Museum Store Attendants provide customer service to visitors who wish to browse and/or make purchases in the Museum Gift Store, which raises funds to help the museum achieve its mission. Attendants advise customers on the location, selection, price, use, and care of goods available from the store, with the aim of encouraging them to buy and to return to buy in the future. Attendants are required to operate a cash register and accept payment; reconcile daily sales; accept deliveries; keep the store tidy and attractive; and optionally participate in periodic stocktaking/inventory.
Museum Store Attendants should have the following qualities:
- enjoy working with visitors but comfortable working alone
- a helpful, courteous, and patient manner
- neat personal appearance
- good communication skills
- able to deal accurately with money
- motivation and drive
- good problem-solving skills.
To apply, complete the volunteer application at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NUMVolApp.
- General Education
- Customer Service
- Retail / Sales
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers should commit to TWO 3-hr shifts/mth
- Complete the application at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NUMVolApp