If you’re looking to make a difference and enjoy teaching adults, this is the position for you! Financial education is an important avenue for obtaining and retaining employment as well as achieving future financial goals and increasing financial stability. EMERGE’s Four Cornerstones of Financial Literacy class builds on the knowledge our adult students have, and teaches them how they can leverage their finances and use financial institutions to improve their long-term financial health. Financial Education Instructors work with a Financial Coach to make each class of the 4-class series a success
- Present curriculum in a fun and engaging manner.
- Acknowledge that all students bring with them creativity and resourcefulness.
- Complete a volunteer hours tracking sheet each time you volunteer.
- Address any concerns to the Financial Coach or Financial Wellness Coordinator.
- Perform related duties as needed.
Four 3 hour sessions, 2-4 times per year
Classes are held during the day 12:30-3:30 pm and during the evening 6:00 - 9:00 pm
- Strong communication skills, public speaking or teaching experience is a plus
- Ability to engage with a diverse group of students and staff
- Knowledge of working with adult learners
- Understanding of personal finances
- Knowledge of PowerPoint or an ability to learn
- Willingness to learn from Financial Coaches and students
- Bilingual Somali-English with both written and oral fluency
The 4 Cornerstones curriculum will be provided by staff. Volunteers can expect to attend the classes to understand how it is taught.
Notes: This position is supported by an EMERGE Financial Wellness Coach. Coaches will be on hand while the volunteers instruct.
- Learn more about personal financial systems and how they affect our everyday lives.
- Interact with a group of learners who are excited to participate and to experience the growth in understanding of financial best practices.
- Empowering students with new knowledge and skills, thereby impacting the family unit and community.
Terri Welch | Development Assistant
EMERGE | 1179 15th Avenue SE Minneapolis, MN 55411
firstname.lastname@example.org | Direct: 612.787.3788 | www.emerge-mn.org
- Teaching / Instruction
- Financial Literacy
- Financial Planning
- Financial Service Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Commit to four 3-hour sessions, 2-4 times per year