Circles Ally/Volunteer Job Description
The Circle Ally commitment:
1. 4-10 hours per month spent with Circles and Circle Leader
2. 18 month commitment to the Circle
3. One monthly meeting with the Circle scheduled at a mutually convenient time
4. One Weekly Community Meeting - could be Big View or another meeting that works best with your schedule
5. Phone, e-mail, text support to Circle Leader and other Allies as needed throughout the month
1. Introduction/Orientation to Circles(r) and Ally Training Sessions
2. Ally Support Sessions
3. Collaboration with others in your Circle - you are not alone
4. Circle Staff to answer questions, provide mentoring and assist with conflict resolution. How can Allies be sensitive of differences across class and cultural lines?
a. If possible, come to Circles(r) meetings in casual clothes
b. Find ways to introduce yourself that emphasizes who you are, not what you do
c. Don’t expect Circle Leaders to approach the Weekly Meetings the way that you do in the business world
d. Look for low-cost or no-cost options for outings with your Circle
e. When you have strong feelings about the Circle Leader family, be willing to look at how your own feelings or rules are being activated and talk to someone about it - another Ally, the Circle Leader or the Circle staff
Non-Negotiables for being an Ally:
1. Confidentiality- what is shared in your Circle stays in your Circle. If your Circle Leader gives permission, you are free to share it with others. This would typically be for gathering information or identifying resources.
2. No proselytizing- all participants are to be respected, as are their beliefs about faith. Conversations of faith should be non-judgmental and pressure free. Under no circumstances should assistance be withheld for reasons of faith.
This Volunteer Position Will Require A Background Check (no cost to the volunteer)
Dinner will Be Provided
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At Least 4 to 10 Hours per month
- Mentoring/Ally (Bountiful)
- Lesson Plan Creation
- Leading or Being Part of a "Team"
- Leading or being a part of a...
- General Cleaning
- Community Outreach for Nursery
- Donation Aquisations
- General Help
- Supply Drive for Nursery
- Mentor/ Ally
- Childcare Program Volunteer
- Activities with Children
- Childcare Program Volunteer...
- Make Toys for the Nursery
- General Help (Bountiful)
- Office Supply Drive
- Help sort Food