SCOPE OF VOLUNTEER EXTERNAL RELATIONS COORDINATION WORK: intern works with the Volunteer and External Relations Coordinator in the resource development department to establish strong, mutually beneficial connections between the community and the IRC Atlanta office in order to garner monetary, in-kind and volunteer resources for refugee clients.
This position requires a minimum of 15 hours a week for at least three months.
- Assist with outreach and recruitment efforts to community groups, students, and other organizations.
- Recruit, screen, orient, train and match volunteers and interns with appropriate service opportunities.
- Assist in updating volunteers and interns resources information.
- Assist with activities related to volunteer recruitment, training, and retention including matching mentors with client families, matching citizenship tutor volunteers with clients and coordinating events such as volunteer appreciation and Thanksgiving Feast.
- Assist in research, planning and marketing.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Learn to manage a successful Volunteer and Internship Program.
- Learn how to plan and manage social media and other communications.
- Gain an understanding of how international resettlement agencies operate.
- An interest in international and refugee issues
- Effective communication and writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Creativity and initiative to follow through on projects
- A strong desire to help people and enthusiasm to work in a multi-cultural setting
- Prior experience in a non-profit setting a plus
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 15 hours per week for 3 months