SCOPE OF PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN WORK: This position is intended to provide a qualified Intern with opportunities to learn through experience about collaboration, and communication. In this role the Intern will report directly to IRC’s Volunteers and External Relations Coordinator. Represent IRC at internship and volunteer fairs, collect data, conduct research and develop promotional material aimed at promoting refugee resettlement in Georgia. The Public Relations Intern will also play a key role in IRC Atlanta’s communication activities.
- Provide data collection and research including tracking all forms of media coverage, events, and issues.
- Attending internship and volunteer fairs.
- Draft written materials for internal and external communications.
- Draft newsletters and press releases.
- Develop and maintain social media presence strategy.
- Communicate with key stakeholders to publicly promote refugee services in Georgia.
- Other communication activity tasks as assigned.
- Work in partnership with Coalition for Refugee Service Agencies CRSA members and interns.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with social media is a must
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Interest in communication, public relations and/or advocacy
- Interest in international issues
- Discretion, diplomacy and good team player.
- Dedication to the mission of IRC and the future of refugee services in Georgia.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Must possess a high standard of professionalism, propriety and strong attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment; international experience and knowledge of refugee issues a plus.
- Preferred candidates will be currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an accredited curriculum of study in Public Relations, Communications, Social Science or related field.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 15 hours per week for 3 months