SCOPE OF WORK:
The Career Development intern reports directly to the Career Development Coordinator and supports efforts under IRC’s Career Development program. Career Development, a program within the Economic Empowerment Department, focuses on assisting clients to advance beyond entry-level jobs and to resume their professional careers after resettlement. Specifically, the Career Development program provides career counseling, enrollment in post-secondary and recertification programs, and advanced job placement.
- Assist clients individually & in group career coaching sessions in order to develop a career pathway
- Create and revise resumes by working one-on-one with clients
- Prepare clients for job interviews
- Accompany refugee clients for job interviews and employment orientations
- Assist clients with enrollment in post-secondary and recertification programs
- Research potential Industries, employers, training programs, and trends in Atlanta workforce
- Propose and develop other support services that serve the program goals and client’s needs
- Provide general administrative support and maintain accurate records of Career Development program activities
- Strong interest in working with international clients
- Proficiency with resume writing and employment related activities
- Proven ability to work with consideration and respect for cross-cultural differences
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to work independently
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs and internet research
- Enthusiasm for helping people to learn and demonstrated professionalism
- Interns must be able to work at least 15 hours a week for at least three months
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 15 hours a week for 3 months
- EL- Civics Education Intern
- Computer Literacy Intern
- Immigration Program Intern
- Youth Futures Program Intern
- First Things First Women's...
- Economic Empowerment Intern
- English as a Second Language-...
- Community Health Promoter Intern
- Logistics Volunteer
- Job Placement Americorps
- Public Relations Intern
- Childcare Micro-enterprise...
- English as a Second Language...
- Fundraising Intern
- Donations Intern
- Employment Services Intern
- Logistics Intern
- Volunteer and External Relations...
- Economic Empowerment Volunteer
- Health and Wellness Americorps