Basic Function: The Assistant Unit Director Intern assists the Unit Director and Assistant Unit Director in the management of the Boys & Girls Club Unit, with primary concern for programs and service delivery, supervision and training of staff and volunteers, community relations and membership promotion.
- Assists with the overall management of the Boys & Girls Club under the supervision of the Unit Director and Assistant Unit Director.
- Leads a variety of program activities in all program areas.
- Assists with training of program staff and volunteers.
- Interact with youth, staff and parents in a professional manor.
- Promote and stimulate interest and participation in various program activities by members.
- Know and use positive youth guidance techniques including, but not limited to, positive role modeling, conflict resolution and positive discipline.
- Maintain a safe environment for all participants
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
- Work to achieve the mission of the organization.
- Able to job shadow other staff at Boys & Girls Clubs.
- Demonstrated ability in programming for youth from 5-18 years old.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Must have the ability to work effectively with members, including discipline situations.
- Demonstrates ability to relate well with children in a Boys & Girls Club setting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well with youth and families from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and mobile when supervising groups of children.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
Program Hours Available:
School Year Hours: 1 PM to 9 PM Monday-Friday
Summer Hours: 12 PM to 6 PM Monday-Friday
*Intern schedule will vary depending on site need and intern availability
***A stipend in the amount of $300 will be allotted to those interns able to complete 300 or more hours during the course of the semester.
How To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and references to Bethany Theisen, Volunteer & Internship Coordinator, by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org (as a PDF file) or by mail to: Boys & Girls Club, 345 30 th Avenue North, St. Cloud MN 56303. To help with the intake process, please submit an application on our website at www.bgcmn.org and click on the volunteer tab.
"Boys & Girls Clubs of Central MN is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Service."
- Child Development
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- a minimum of 6 hours a week
- a cost to intern for background check is $8.00
- Youth Development Internship
- Assistant Program Manager...
- "How Can I Help You?" Be an...
- Sports & Fitness Internship
- Healthy Lifestyles Internship
- Assistant Unit Director Internship
- Make a Positive IMPACT at the...
- Super Readers at Roosevelt Boys...
- Make a Difference! Be a KIDSTOP...
- 1, 2, 3...Are you good at...
- Academic Success Internship
- Volunteer Coordinator & Healthy...