Basic Function: The Assistant Program Manager Intern is responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of quality programs in a variety of program areas (i.e. gym, art, social recreation, and education) in the KIDSTOP program. This position reports directly to the Program Manager or Assistant Program Manager.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, promotes and evaluates programs under the general supervision of the Program Manager or Assistant Program Manager.
- Leads a variety of program activities in all program areas.
- Assists with training of program staff and volunteers.
- Assists with maintaining adequate program supplies which are consistent with site budgets.
- Assist with preparing weekly and monthly program schedules.
- Help members set academic and personal goals.
- Interact with youth, staff, parents and school employees in a professional manor.
- Promote and stimulate interest and participation in various program activities by members.
- Know and use positive youth guidance techniques including, but not limited to, positive role modeling, conflict resolution and positive discipline.
- Maintain a safe environment for all participants
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
- Work to achieve the mission of the organization.
- Able to job shadow other staff at KIDSTOP.
- Preferred primary education or youth development educational background
- Understand, assist, and tutor members in educational disciplines (i.e. reading, writing and arithmetic)
- Working knowledge of primary education
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Demonstrates ability to relate well with children in an after-school setting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well with youth and families from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and mobile when supervising groups of children.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
Program Hours Available:
School Year Hours: 1 PM to 6 PM Monday-Friday
Summer Hours: 6:30 AM to 6 PM Monday-Friday
*Intern schedule will vary depending on site need and intern availability
***A stipend in the amount of $300 will be allotted to those interns able to complete 300 or more hours during the course of the semester.
How To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and references to Bethany Theisen, Volunteer & Internship Coordinator, by emailing it to email@example.com (as a PDF file) or by mail to: Boys & Girls Club, 345 30 th Avenue North, St. Cloud MN 56303. To help with the intake process, please submit an application on our website at www.bgcmn.org and click on the volunteer tab.
"Boys & Girls Clubs of Central MN is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Service."
- Child Development
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- a minimum of 6 hours a week
- Cost to the intern for the background check is $8.00.
- Youth Development Internship
- Assistant Program Manager...
- "How Can I Help You?" Be an...
- Sports & Fitness Internship
- Healthy Lifestyles Internship
- Assistant Unit Director Internship
- Make a Positive IMPACT at the...
- Super Readers at Roosevelt Boys...
- Make a Difference! Be a KIDSTOP...
- 1, 2, 3...Are you good at...
- Academic Success Internship
- Volunteer Coordinator & Healthy...