Volunteer Purpose: To assist with Introductory Computer classes covering topics such as: computer basics, the internet, e-mail and Microsoft Word. This position will help guide and assist class participants as they learn how to use computers. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to, turning on computers, using mouse, navigating the internet, using Microsoft Word, explaining touch typing. This position will also assist in classroom set-up and take-down.
- General assistance with computer basics and class topics alongside instructor.
- Provide one-on-one assistance to participants.
- Other tasks as needed
- Familiarity and comfort with basic computer use.
- Ability to be patient with learners.
- Ability to work well with others and communicate with diverse participants and staff.
Time Commitment: Volunteers must be willing to volunteer at least twice per month. We can be flexible about the exact start time. Does not need to be the same person every day.
Training Provided: General orientation will be provided by EMERGE staff. Additional training may be provided if needed. This is position is supervised.
Benefits: Assist persons with differing levels of technology competency gain skills for self sufficiency and future employment. Serve diverse populations. Develop customer service and problem solving skills..
Please copy and paste the following URL into your browser's address bar to fill out our online application:
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training