NAMI Seattle is a dynamic, neighborhood-based, grassroots mental health agency that has served Seattle since 1978. We are a small nonprofit offering a robust array of community mental health programs and resources including support groups, educational programs, and an information and referral line. We serve all individuals impacted by mental illness: those living with a mental health condition, family members & friends, the community and professionals. All of our programs are offered at no cost to participants.
We have many ongoing and periodic volunteer opportunities including:
- Answering our mental health information and referral helpline
- Getting trained as an instructor to lead workshops and presentations in high schools and for individuals and/or family members of those with a mental health condition
- Assisting with special events to support mental health programming, raise awareness, and reduce stigma
- Writing articles for our blog and/or quarterly newsletter
- Providing much-needed graphic design, IT, and/or general office support
To apply please visit http://namiseattle.org/volunteer-application to submit an application.
- Mental Health
- People Skills
- Crisis Counseling
- IT Consulting
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- To apply please visit http://namiseattle.org/volunteer-application to submit an application.