Help address unmet mental health needs in our community
70 people are interested
NAMI Seattle is a dynamic, neighborhood-based, grassroots mental health agency that has served Seattle since 1978. We are a small nonprofit offering a robust array of community mental health programs and resources including support groups, educational programs, and an information and referral line. We serve all individuals impacted by mental illness: those living with a mental health condition, family members & friends, the community and professionals. All of our programs are offered at no cost to participants.
We have many ongoing and periodic volunteer opportunities including:
- Answering our mental health information and referral Helpline
- Getting trained as an instructor to lead workshops and presentations in high schools, or for individuals and/or family members of those with a mental health condition
- Getting trained as a peer support group facilitator
- Assisting with special events to support mental health programming, raise awareness, and reduce stigma
- Writing articles for our blog and/or quarterly newsletter
- Providing graphic design, IT, and/or general office support
In order to volunteer, you must first submit an application at https://secure.everyaction.com/83NJ0EklQ064agTF_A-n7w2. After that our Volunteer & Resource Coordinator will follow up with you to let you know about upcoming orientation dates. We look forward to meeting you!
We'll work with your schedule.
802 NW 70th StreetSeattle, WA 98117
- Mental Health
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Visit https://secure.everyaction.com/83NJ0EklQ064agTF_A-n7w2 to apply.