The City of Inver Grove Heights is looking for interns for the Building Department for 14 hours per week. The schedule is flexible between the hours of 8am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday. Time off is fine with notice.
The Interns will be assisting the Building Inspections Department, and will be working with City View Building Inspections Software. They will be entering inspections results, scanning and indexing documents, and doing some filing.
They will be able to be a part of the department and learn most aspects of what a Building Inspections Department does. This will be a great resume builder, and if the performance is good you will have the Supervisor as a reference. Training will be provided.
Required skills are:
- Good typing
- Good spelling
- Detail Oriented
- Self Motivated
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to catch things that don’t seem right
- Ability to achieve high level thinking
- Good at decision making
- Interest in working in Government
- Some knowledge of construction, and some familiarity with plumbing, electrical, and residential versus commercial
- Basic Computer Skills
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- 14 hours per week