As a member of the Board of Directors, you are obligated to be in charge of duty of care and duty of loyalty of the Club. There is also a duty of obligation in that your actions must be consistent with the Club’s mission and stated goals, and in no way should you be involved in any self-dealing or improprieties.
Board Members have a fiduciary role in ensuring the budget is met, reviewing finances and making sure generally accepted accounting principles are in place.
All Board Members must disclose any potential conflict of interest and maintain confidential information about BGCV.
Each Board Member is ultimately responsible for maintaining the health and well-being of BGCV and ensuring that management is established and maintained, recruiting new Board Members, and understanding the Club’s mission.
Board of Directors
- Attendance at the Annual Board Retreat
- Attend 85% of Board Meetings = 5 of 6 meetings
- Executive Board = 10 of 12 meetings
- Annual Board Dues of $200
- One Campaign personal contribution minimum of $500 and at least $2000 annually fundraised (give and/or get $).
- Serve on at least 1 Committee
- Administrative Support
- Strategic Planning
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Business Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 5 hours a month- Board meeting 3rd Thursday.