The AARP Foundation Office in uptown Denver is seeking dedicated volunteers to staff its fraud helpline. The helpline fields thousands of calls each year from individuals across the country who are inquiring about and reporting instances of fraud and scams targeting older adults.
If you are interested in being educated on the latest scams and making a difference in the lives of others who have become or could become a victim to a scam or identity theft, this opportunity is for you!
- Handle incoming calls/return messages with professionalism, respect and empathy
- Listen and take accurate reports of alleged elder fraud through computer data entry or manual documentation
- Make appropriate referrals and/or confer with staff for assistance
- Enjoy working with people
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively with others
- Comfortable using telephones and computers for information gathering
- Ability to take clear and concise documentation
- Computer data entry skills is helpful
Fraud helpline volunteers must acquire a working knowledge of the telephone system and documentation procedures associated with the program. Training on fraud and taking calls/returning messages will be provided in addition to on-the-job shadowing.
We ask fraud helpline volunteers to commit to working at least one 4-hour shift weekly, for a 4 month period. However, we are flexible with scheduling volunteers who exhibit dedication to the program. We work during regular business hours, M-F.
Does fighting fraud and identifying scam artists tickle your fancy? Join our growing team of veteran and rookie volunteers who are making a difference in the lives of thousands of older adults every day. To learn more, contact Mark Fetterhoff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720.947.5305.
VOLUNTEER POLICYAARP Foundation volunteers will receive equal opportunity and treatment through recruitment, appointment, training and service. AARP Foundation does not discriminate based on age, disability, gender, race, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or veteran status
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Financial Literacy
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training