The Longest Day - Join Our Planning Committee
4 people are interested
The Longest Day is a team event to raise funds and awareness for the Alzheimer's Association. Held annually on the summer solstice, the duration of this sunrise-to-sunset event symbolizes the challenging journey of those living with the disease and their caregivers. Teams are encouraged to create their own experience as they fundraise and participate in an activity they love to honor someone facing the disease.
Exciting things are taking place here at the Association and we would love for you to be a part of it! Our second signature event, The Longest Day, is a team event to advance the efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association. The event is held on the summer solstice - June 21 - representing the idea that for those facing the disease, every day can seem like the longest day. Teams are asked to raise money and create their own event day experience. We’re excited to share this event with you because it is the perfect opportunity to increase your impact and take your involvement to the next level. At this time we are recruiting members for our Team Task Force, a group of lead volunteers helping to grow involvement in The Longest Day and would like to see if you are interested.
Examples of committee responsibilities are:
- Recruit Team Captains to start teams.
- Connect with past participants to re-engage them in event.
- Cultivate relationships with Team Captains and provide coaching and ideas on how to raise funds, recruit team members and plan their day.
- Participate in monthly meetings or conference calls with other Team Task Force members and staff.
- Be knowledgeable about the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Become familiar with online tools, resources and registration process.
- Participate in kickoff and post- event celebrations.
If you are interested or would like more information, contact Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 518.867.4999 x 212.
4 Pine West Plaza Suite 405Albany, NY 12205
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building