Do you enjoy talking with people? Are you interested in environmental topics? Would you have fun going to events like the Northwest Flower & Garden Show, local Farmers Markets, or educational workshops and classes?
Help the King Conservation District spread the word about our programs and services by volunteering as a KCD Outreach Volunteer.
Gain valuable outreach experience and use your creative skills to help design KCD tabling materials and increase your awareness of environmental topics.
- Assist the KCD Outreach Team with designing displays for events.
- Meet with Outreach team to brainstorm activities and information for upcoming events.
- Package and prepare materials for upcoming KCD events, including making copies, editing materials, setting up "mock" table layout, and staging materials for pick-up.
- Represent KCD at Outreach Events at events including the Northwest Flower & Garden Show, King County Farmers Markets, KCD Farm Tours & Workshops, KCD Native Bareroot Plant Sale, and other environmental events.
- Network with environmental professionals from a variety of areas.
- Experience interacting with groups/individuals in an outreach capacity.
- Experience designing and setting up table displays with outreach materials.
- Get free admission to the NW Flower & Garden Show and various Farm-to-Table events.
- Receive recognition at KCD Annual Volunteer Awards BBQ.
- Earn free KCD gear (based on hours volunteered annually).
- Willingness to learn about KCD programs and services.
- Comfortable talking to people from a wide range of groups and backgrounds.
- Ability to stand at a table or sit in a folding chair for 3-4 hour events.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. to set up and tear down outreach table and materials.
- Ability to commit to volunteering at 3 events per year.
- Volunteers are requested to attend at least 3 events per year.
- Possible events:
- Northwest Flower & Garden Show
- Farmers Markets
- KCD Farm Tours & Workshops
- KCD Native Bareroot Plant Sale
- Other events including Rock-the-Green Festival, Duwamish Alive, CHOMP, Green Seattle Partnership Annual Meeting, Ecotober, etc.
Contact Nikki Wolf, Volunteer Coordinator at 425-282-1909, or email email@example.com if you are interested in joining our team!
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Attend 3 event per year