In Mbingo, Cameroon, a young mother dies at night, alone, because the hospital does not have the supplies to treat her, or the equipment to know that she is in cardiac arrest. In Sudan, doctors lack scalpels and blades. One doctor reports using the lid of a tin can to perform surgical procedures - with no anesthesia.
Surplus or replaced medical equipment is contributed daily to Project C.U.R.E. by hospitals, suppliers and clinics throughout the United States. Before this equipment is shipped, it must first be inspected and if need be, repaired by our volunteer team of Bio-med Techs.
Project C.U.R.E. is looking for experienced Bio-Med Techs, retired techs, electrical engineers or biomed tech students to work in the Denver, Houston, Phoenix or Nashville areas. Volunteers would provide up to 10 hours a month to inspect and possibly repair medical equipment ranging from patient monitors to x-ray machines.
Help save lives in the neediest hospitals in the world today. Volunteer to help Project C.U.R.E.!
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- As volunteer is available
- Brief orientation on Project C.U.R.E.
- Project C.U.R.E. Volunteer -...
- International Medical Travel...
- Receptionist - Front Office Help
- Welcoming Biomedical Help...
- Sort Volunteers Needed (No...
- Biomedical Internship
- App Developers Needed
- Volunteers, Interns Save Lives -...
- Project C.U.R.E. Seamstress needed
- Graphic Design - Marketing
- Front Office Assistant
- Truck Drivers Needed!
- On-going Fun Opportunity -...
- Receptionist/Front Office...
- Warehouse manager
- Warehouse Volunteer Needed
- Welcoming Reception and Office...
- Help Save Lives Around the World...
- Bio-Med Volunteer
- Truck drivers needed!