In Mbingo, Cameroon, a young mother dies at night, alone, because the hospital does not have the supplies to treat her, or the equipment to know that she is in cardiac arrest. In Sudan, doctors lack scalpels and blades. One doctor reports using the lid of a tin can to perform surgical procedures - with no anesthesia.
Surplus or replaced medical equipment is contributed daily to Project C.U.R.E. by hospitals, suppliers and clinics throughout the United States. Before this equipment is shipped, it must first be inspected and if need be, repaired by our volunteer team of Bio-med Techs.
Project C.U.R.E. is looking for experienced Bio-Med Techs, retired techs, electrical engineers or biomed tech students to work in the Denver, Houston, Phoenix, Philadelphia, Chicago or Nashville areas. Volunteers would provide up to 10 hours a month to inspect and possibly repair medical equipment ranging from patient monitors to x-ray machines.
Help save lives in the neediest hospitals in the world today. Volunteer to help Project C.U.R.E.!
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- As volunteer is available
- Brief orientation on Project C.U.R.E.
- Receptionist - Front Office Desk
- Marketing and Communication
- Administrative Assistant
- Welcoming Biomedical Help...
- Sort Volunteers Needed (No...
- Biomedical Internship
- Volunteers, Interns Save Lives -...
- Front Office Assistant
- Truck Drivers Needed!
- Receptionist/Front Office...
- Warehouse manager
- Ghost Writer for President/CEO
- Welcoming Reception and Office...
- Help Save Lives Around the World...
- Bio-Med Volunteer
- Truck drivers needed!
- Lend a Hand as a Warehouse...
- Part Time Volunteer Needed for...
- Administrative Assistant for C.U...
- Medical Bio-Tech Volunteer Houston