Social Media Marketing - Unpaid Internship
- Maintain an active and well-rounded personal presence on primary social platforms, with a strong understanding of each network’s unique best practices (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Help develop and implement social and digital media marketing strategy that engages and educates teens and builds advocacy for our mission.
- Help develop and direct campaigns across social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, LinkedIn and more.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our target audience.
- Contribute to bi-monthly / campaign reporting on social media performance/analytics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or Related Fields or at least 2 years towards degree in this area.
- Must be social media savvy with good writing and photoshop skills
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to commit to at least 6 hours/week (2-3 days/week)
- Highly developed communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Flexibility and an ability to work with and teach others.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of mental health a plus.
Teen Line is a 501c3 non-profit established to help troubled teenagers in a way they would accept - teens helping teens. It is our mission to provide a safety net for teenagers before their problems become a crisis through our hotline, website and community outreach programs. Each year, over 16,000 teens call, email, or text message the hotline, which is staffed by volunteer teen listeners and supervised by adult mental health professionals.
We are a casual office culture with dedicated, fun people who are passionate about our mission to support teens' mental health and well-being. We are looking for an individual who can be an active member of our team and knows the value of hard work, but understands that laughter is important. We feel this provides a unique opportunity for a self-directed person who really wants to put their skills and expertise to work to help others.
Please note that we are looking for an intern seeking college credit. We will need proof that you are taking a course for which you will receive credit for volunteering; a letter from your instructor will be needed.
Because we are located in a hospital, the individual chosen is also required to complete a Cedars-Sinai Volunteer Orientation as well as a Health Clearance which involves a required flu shot, TB test, and other vaccinations. Clearance can take at least a month before the start of the internship.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you!
- Marketing Analytics
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 6 hours/week (2-3 times/wk in office)