- Assist clients with identifying and gathering key documents to assist with tax preparation.
- Including gathering bank statements, ordering tax transcripts, etc.
- Provide clients with needed assistance in filling out forms or complying with document requests.
- Prepare Federal and State returns needed to bring clients into filing compliance.
- Provide clients with basic record-keeping tips and pointers to assist client in being more successful going forward.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor(s).
- Knowledge and experience of individual tax preparation.
- Strong computer skills.
- Pleasant, patient and dependable.
Training and Support:
- Volunteer will be trained on Iowa Legal Aid’s computer and telephone systems as well as office equipment.
- Volunteer will receive support and supervision from Iowa Legal Aid’s staff and/or AmeriCorps members.
- The time commitment will depend on the volunteer’s availability and Iowa Legal Aid’s needs.
- Majority of volunteer’s work will be done in the regional office during regular business hours.
- Iowa Legal Aid offices are located in Cedar Rapids, Council Bluffs, Davenport, Des Moines, Dubuque, Iowa City, Mason City, Ottumwa, Sioux City and Waterloo.
- Work with dedicated, passionate and collegial staff and volunteers.
- Positively impact members of your community.
If you are interested in this volunteer position, please visit the "Careers and Volunteers" page at www.iowalegalaid.org
- ETC / Tax Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Knowledge and experience of individual tax preparation. Strong computer skills.