- Perform case updates in the online case management system.
- Scan, attach and fax client and legal documents.
- Answer, screen and direct incoming telephone calls.
- Organize and maintain office supplies in storage areas.
- File casework in case folders and filing cabinets.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor(s).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and follow established policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with the use of computers, phones and general office equipment.
- Pleasant, patient and dependable.
Training and Support:
- Volunteer will be trained on Iowa Legal Aid’s computer and telephone systems as well as office equipment.
- Volunteer will receive support and supervision from Iowa Legal Aid’s staff and/or AmeriCorps members.
- Iowa Legal Aid’s Hotline is looking for volunteers who can commit to 5 or more hours per week.
- Volunteer must be available to come during business hours into the Central Iowa Regional Office located at 1111 9 th Street, Suite 230 in Des Moines.
- Gain experience working in a professional legal setting.
- Work with dedicated, passionate and collegial staff and volunteers.
- Positively impact members of your community.
If you are interested in this volunteer position, please visit the "Careers and Volunteers" page at www.iowalegalaid.org
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 5 or more hours per week