The Social Media Marketing Intern will serve an important role on the Downingtown Area Senior Center team, bringing awareness of the Center to the community. The internship position includes growing our social media presence, and creating a plan for ongoing outreach on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, & etc.; assisting with website and search engine optimization; managing press releases, and other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate or graduate student with a major in Communications, Marketing, English or Journalism
- Demonstrate excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
- A strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including Facebook Twitter, WordPress, YouTube, etc.
- Clearly articulate our vision through social media and graphic mediums
- Strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Possess leadership skills (through taking initiative)
- Detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks
- Interest in the nonprofit field is a plus
What We Offer:
A supportive environment, references, experience, college credits, flexible hours, and an insider view of how a non-profit organization works.
- Flexible scheduling between 9am-5pm M-F
- Unpaid - may arrange for college credits
- Fall 2016 through Spring 2017
The Downingtown Area Senior Center is a nonprofit organization that strives to enrich the lives of our senior neighbors by encouraging their active involvement in programs and services designed to foster self-reliance and wellness.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Flexible, 2-20 hours/week