The success of the Atlantic Life Safety & Emergency Services, Inc.'s ultimate ability to achieve its vision of "sustainability" rests on the cultivation and the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising which may include major gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitation, and in-kind resources. The candidate must have a minimum of 2 years in fundraising experience. The Development Director will be responsible for finding donors, building donor trust, maintaining client confidentiality, and most importantly: educating potential donors about the cause.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Director will spearhead development efforts as Atlantic Life Safety & Emergency Services, Inc. continues to grow. As this is a new position in the organization, the Development Director will have the opportunity to build the development functions and eventually build a team to support our efforts to expand as an organization and secure more funding.
- Develop and execute Atlantic Life Safety & Emergency Services, Inc.’s annual fundraising plan of raising a minimum of $50,000/year.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Oversee organization of special events.
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Complete all other assignments as required by the Executive Director and/or Board of Directors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of fundraising management with 2 years minimum experience
- Knowledge of federal legislation affecting charities
- Knowledge of special events planning and management
- Knowledge of the management of volunteer resources
- Knowledge of Planned Giving and Legacy Gifts
- Ability to be a part of a cohesive and effective team
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Ability to motivate and guide others
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English
- Extreme attention to detail
- Self-motivated and passionate about our organizations mission.
- Customer Service
- Donor Management
- Program Management
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21