Who we are:
Affordable Housing Centers of Pennsylvania is a HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our purpose is to obtain and stabilize home ownership opportunities for communities of color. Volunteer will be helping to play an important role to support the staff and its operations who assist individual clients to reach their housing goal.
Why does our work matter:
Home ownership for Black African American is 42 percent. This is a the lowest percentage rate since the passage of the Fair Housing Act in 1968. Home ownership is the vehicle that drives wealth from generation to future generation. The home is also seen as a place of gathering for families to create a legacy. Subprime lenders have returned seeking to remove resources from these communities. AHCOPA educates and guides clients to proper financing options that will enable them to achieve their housing goal.
What are we asking for the volunteer:
Volunteers are being requested to serve as the administrative assistant for a small office setting that includes an executive director and three housing counselors. Tasks that adminstrative assistant will be asked to perform include:
- Serving as point-of-contact for phone and walk-ins
- Scheduling counseling appointments and giving reminder phone calls.
- Prepare materials for the first-time homebuyer workshops.
- Assist in the first-time homebuyer workshops
- Other opportunities can be created.
Check out our website:
- Adult Education
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- Financial Service Assistance
- Financial Literacy
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Monday thru Friday
- Minimal physical activity required, building is handicapped accessible