78 people are interested
Boston Center for the Arts is seeking Gallery Attendants for the Mills Gallery! Our upcoming exhibition, The Skin Has Eyes, will be curated by Maya Erdelyi. This exhibition highlights contemporary animators who create physical works as part of their practice (both process and product) along with fine artists who experiment with animation. These artists are working across various mediums, including film strips and direct animation, cut-paper stop-motion, sculpture, drawing, painting, zoetropes, traditional animation processes, palimpsests and projections. The skin of the medium becomes alive through animation.
Participating artists include Amanda Bonaiuto, Alexandra Borovski, Ernesto Caivano, Eric Dyer, Maya Erdelyi, Evan Fellers, Jake Fried, Tyler Giordano, Laura Harrison, Gina Kamentsky, Amy Lee Ketchum, Hayley Morris, Ashley Wick, and more.
Gallery Attendant responsibilities include:
- Opening and closing gallery, including activating artwork
- Initiating and encouraging dialogue with visitors
- Conducting research about the exhibit and artists on view
- Maintaining safety and security of artwork on view
- Collecting visitor information
- Assisting with events and performances in the gallery
- Serving as a general resource for our public, providing information about BCA programs, exhibits, performances, and events
We offer Attendants:
- Invitations to exclusive talks given by artists, performers, and curators
- Professional gallery operations experience
- New relationships and networks in the Boston art world and beyond
- Opportunities to take on additional responsibilities, including Gallery Attendant talks about artwork on view and content creation for marketing
- Valuable visitor service training including an introduction to educational theories and techniques
Shifts for Gallery Attendants are:
Thu 12-5pm, 5-9pm
Fri 12-5pm, 5-9pm
Sat 12-5pm, 5-9pm
Gallery Attendants usually sign up for 1-3 shifts a week. Our upcoming show will run Nov 17-Jan 27.
If you are interested in becoming a Gallery Attendant, please contact Erin Dimson-Doyle at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-426-1492. Please include your potential availability and any qualifications/experience that prepare you to become a Gallery Attendant at the Mills.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
539 Tremont StreetBoston, MA 02116
- Visual Arts
- Exhibition Arts
- Arts Administration
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-5 hours a week, 3-6 month commitment requested