Opportunities to Make a Difference in the Lives of People with Dementia
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
73 people are interested
We have three different kinds of opportunities for volunteers:
1. Face-to-Face (delivery of quality-of-life enhancing programs to people living with dementia and their families, both in the community and in care facilities)
2. "ARTZ in the Making" (delivery of multi-disciplinary and multi-sensory art-making programs to people living with dementia in the community and in care facilities)
3. Behind-the-Scenes (communications, marketing, press, program evaluation, program support, publicity, general administrative assistance, Web site and social media assistance)
Monthly programs largely take place on weekdays. However, we can always use behind-the-scenes help on weekends, including prep for occasional special events!
ARTZ Philly's volunteer program requires volunteers to complete a two-part training with us, and includes a subsequent 6 month volunteering commitment (we ask that you attend at least one program/month).
We'll work with your schedule.
Greater Philadelphia AreaPhiladelphia, PA 19107
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Elder care
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies with opportunity: from 1 day/wk to 1 day/mo
- compassion, sense of humor, flexibility, reliability, creativity, strong teamwork, commitment