The Piedmont Park Conservancy "Day in the Dirt" Program provides an extraordinary opportunity for your group to promote volunteerism, encourage environmental stewardship, and build teamwork; while making Piedmont Park a more beautiful and welcoming place to bike, run, walk and play.
In addition to individual volunteers, the Park benefits greatly from the generosity of civic, school, youth and corporate groups. To schedule a "Day in the Dirt" group service day or learn more about this program, please contact us at email@example.com or call 404.875.7275 x242.
- All projects are outdoors and based on the current needs of the park.
- Typical projects include general clean-up of park grounds, planting, weeding, mulching, spreading of pine straw, watering of plants, removal of invasive plant species, seasonal planting, dog park maintenance, painting, graffiti removal, and miscellaneous maintenance and horticulture projects.
- No previous experience is necessary, just a willingness to learn about Piedmont Park and help keep Piedmont Park beautiful.
- Projects are typically Tuesday-Friday from 9 am -12 pm.
- Weekend projects are available by special request. Minimum group size for weekend projects is 15 individuals. (Please note that weekend availability is limited due to the number of festivals, events, and races which occur in the park.)
- The Conservancy requires a minimum of four weeks advance notice.
- Environmental Education
- Outdoor Recreation
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 3 hours minimum
- A passion for parks and the willingness to work outdoors.