The Piedmont Park Conservancy "Day in the Dirt" Program provides an extraordinary opportunity for your corporate, school, professional and community groups to promote volunteerism, encourage environmental stewardship, and build teamwork; while making an immediate and considerable positive impact on Piedmont Park.
To schedule a "Day in the Dirt" group service day or learn more about this program, please contact us at email@example.com or call 404.875.7275 x242.
Day in the Dirt Experience Overview:
- Volunteers should come ready to pitch in, get a little dirty and have some fun making a tangible difference in the park.
- We offer a variety of projects year-round that are based on the current needs of the park. Typical projects include pruning, spreading mulch, removing invasive species, repairing the Active Oval track, collecting trash and so much more!
- No previous experience is necessary, just a willingness to learn about Piedmont Park and help keep Piedmont Park beautiful.
- Projects are typically Tuesday-Friday from 9 am -12 pm or 1 pm -4 pm.
- Weekend projects are available by special request. Minimum group size for weekend projects is 15 individuals. (Please note that weekend availability is limited due to the number of festivals, events, and races which occur in the park.)
- The Conservancy requires a minimum of three weeks advance notice.
- Environmental Education
- Outdoor Recreation
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 3 hours minimum
- A passion for parks and the willingness to work outdoors.