Grab your coworkers, school group, or civic group, and come on out to keep Piedmont Park beautiful! Our Day in the Dirt experience provides an extraordinary opportunity for your group to promote community involvement, encourage environmental stewardship, and build teamwork; while making an immediate and tangible impact on the park.
- Projects can be scheduled Monday through Friday from 9 am -12 pm or 1-4 pm.
- All projects take place outdoors and are based on the current needs of the park
- We always have a running list of projects where volunteers can make a difference. Typical projects include pruning, spreading mulch, resurfacing the volleyball courts and running track, rooting out invasive species, cleaning up the park by collecting trash, etc.
- No previous experience is necessary, just a willingness to pitch in, get a little dirty and have some fun making a tangible difference in the park
- The Conservancy requests a minimum of four weeks
- We can accommodate groups of 10 - 75+ volunteers
- For youth groups, we recommend one chaperone per every 10 youth volunteers
- Age requirement: 13 and up
- All volunteers must sign a liability waiver prior to participating in our group service program
- Volunteers under the age of 18 must have this waiver signed in advance by their parent or legal guardian
- For most projects, we have all of the tools, gloves and supplies on hand, making it easier for you
- We encourage groups to bring refillable water bottles
- Day in the Dirt is ideal for corporate, church, community, school, and nonprofit organized groups
For more information, requirements, and to sign up for this opportunity, please visit our website at https://www.piedmontpark.org/support-the-park/volunteer/.
- Environmental Education
- Outdoor Recreation
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 3 hours minimum
- A passion for parks and the willingness to work outdoors.