Our Day in the Dirt experience provides an extraordinary opportunity for your corporate, school, professional and community groups to promote volunteerism, encourage environmental stewardship, and build teamwork; while making an immediate and considerable positive impact on Piedmont Park.
Day in the Dirt Experience Overview:
- Volunteers should come ready to pitch in, get a little dirty and have some fun making a tangible difference in the park.
- We always have a running list of projects where volunteers can make a difference. Projects are available year round and are based on the current needs of the park. Typical projects include pruning, spreading mulch, resurfacing the volleyball courts and running track, rooting out invasive species, repairing the Active Oval track, collecting trash and so much more!
- All projects are outdoors.
- Piedmont Park Conservancy can accommodate groups of 5 - +75 individuals. For groups above 50, a donation toward the cost of supplies is encouraged but not required.
- Projects typically run on weekdays between 9 am-12 pm or 1-4 pm.
- Weekend projects from 9 am-12 pm can occasionally be arranged, but please note that availability is extremely limited due to weekend festivals, races and events. We require a minimum of 20 volunteers for weekend projects.
- The Conservancy will supply all tools needed, gloves, and water. You are welcome to bring additional snacks and drinks with you.
- The closest parking is at the parking garage shared by the Atlanta Botanical Garden and Piedmont Park. Please note that the Conservancy does not validate parking for the parking garage located in the park. Street parking is also available.
- The Conservancy requires a minimum of two weeks advance notice.
To schedule a "Day in the Dirt" or learn more about this program, please contact us at email@example.com or call 404.875.7275 x242.
- Environmental Education
- Outdoor Recreation
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 3 hours minimum
- A passion for parks and the willingness to work outdoors.