The International Development Internship is a unique, hands-on opportunity geared towards those interested in international nonprofits and youth development. It is a 5+ month position with flexible start dates. This position can be done anywhere in the world, with an additional opportunity to work on the ground with our organization in South Africa. Below is a detailed breakdown of the position:
Phase One: Establish connections with outreach channels, recruit local advocates, and raise funds for Imagine Scholar.
- Expected Tasks: Utilize our organization's resources and guidance to create a successful fundraising campaign in your local community (can be done anywhere in the world). Plan events, speak at service organizations, run online campaigns, and more.
Phase Two: Work at Imagine Scholar (2-4 weeks)
- Expected Tasks: Come to South Africa and work directly with our students. Gain full understanding of organizational mission and deliverables. Assist with miscellaneous administrative tasks, run workshops and create an onsite project.
Phase Three: Utilize personal experience to tell the Imagine Scholar story and raise funds.
- Expected Tasks: Plan follow-up fundraising events or projects to find student sponsors and create sustainable fundraising sources. Take your story to local service clubs (Rotary, Kiwanis, Lions, churches) and more.
Successful Candidates Will Have A/An:
- Drive to excel in unfamiliar environments and situations
- Exceptional professional communication skill
- Ability to work independently and as member of a team
- Interest in international travel and working with youth
- Attitude of coming to learn, as opposed of coming to teach
- Phase 1 (Your local community) - Volunteer
- Phase 2 (South Africa) - All living costs covered (food and housing) + monthly stipend of 500 rand (approx. $50); *Flight Reimbursement contingent on funds raised
- Phase 3 (Your local community) - Potential stipend (determined by funds generated)
* Fundraising Incentive Structure:
Raise $2000 - $2999 = flight reimbursement credit (up to $250 credit)
Raise $3000-$4999 = flight reimbursement credit (up to $500 credit)
Raise $5000+ = flight reimbursement credit (up to $1000 credit)
This is a chance to be a vital member of a dynamic, small nonprofit organization. You'd not only be able to make a huge impact, but also come to South Africa and see the difference this impact is making.
At the end of the internship, there will be a final assessment with the opportunity to stay on long term should it be a good fit for all parties. See www.imaginescholar.org for more information.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20-40 hours/week