If you are a leader in IT, education, marketing, or business development who is passionate about the arts, education and social innovation - we invite you to consider joining our Executive Board. New Board members will be engaged guiding the organization to its full potential and next stage of growth through vision, community building, fundraising, promotional activities, and participation in quarterly Board meetings. Motivated Board members will be engaged in the success of the organization’s mission by stewarding committees and programs or by taking on assignments that fit their areas of expertise.
Core programs for 2018 include:
- Fundraising for select films and film related causes
- Marketing, promotion and partner outreach for Films for the Planet a streaming online platform providing the best in environmental and social action films. Viewers gain access to the highest quality content for social impact, perpetual learning and community engagement as well as real-time events that draw upon a network of luminary filmmakers, story activators, and topical scholars. Films for the Planet promotes globally connected learning and storytelling as well as hosts online film conversations for partner organizations, targeted audiences, and online events .
- Development of educational materials for documentaries, resources for communities to engage with film, and a catalog of films aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals.
Board Secretary responsibilities:
- Attends quarterly Board meetings and carries out the responsibilities of a member of the Board of Directors via personal commitment to the organizations goals and objectives.
- Takes minutes for Board meetings and notifies Board members of meetings and updates. Management and updating of records such as meeting minutes and the organization's policies and procedures in its bylaws.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Group Facilitation
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 3-6 hours month and quarterly board meetings
- Editing and excellent writing skills helpful