Advocate volunteers provide crisis intervention and hospital accompaniment while the office is closed (nights and weekends). Scheduling is flexible! This opportunity has been described as one of the most rewarding ways to help the community!
Volunteers on the "crisis" phone answer calls coming in to the 24-hour hotline and offer emotional support and crisis intervention to those in need. The agency provides you with a cell phone so you can take calls from the comfort of your home!
Volunteers who sign up for Hospital advocacy provide crisis intervention and emptional support to a survivor that is at a Collin County or Dallas hospital.
No previous training required. We provide free training that is certified by the Office of the Attorney General of Texas and completely prepares you for any role you'd like to participate in.
Thank you for your interest in becoming an advocate and I hope that you will consider joining our team!
- Customer Service
- Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Crisis Intervention
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Daytime Crisis Advocate-Help...
- Help Collin County!
- Provide help and hope in Dallas
- Volunteer Advocates-Help those...
- Bilingual Advocate-impact lives!
- Fundraising and outreach
- Advocate- Help those in need!
- Special Event, BIG NIGHT OUT!!!...
- Methodist Dallas Medical Center...
- Fundraising and Event Committee...
- Administrative Ambassador! Smile...
- Crisis Intervention Internship...