Drivers- Different Schedules Available!
3 people are interested
Driver Volunteer (On-Call or Regularly Scheduled available!)
We are seeking all-stars to help support our services to families.
We have several driving positions open! For our on-call driver positions, volunteers are contacted on an as-needed basis (once a month or so) to fill in for RMHC supply runs, dinner pick-up from local restaurants, family grocery shuttle runs, and RMHC field trips using an RMHC vehicle. On-call volunteers do not need to be available for every call, but should generally be free for some evenings and/or weekends. For our weekly or monthly driving positions, volunteers are scheduled to come in the same day and time of each week/month.
- You are friendly, people-person, comfortable interacting with adults and children
- You are happy to lend a listening ear while ensuring that transport is safe, calm and comfortable for all
- You feel comfortable driving in the evenings and in densely populated parts of Portland
- You work well in diverse, multicultural communities
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Oregon and SW Washington provides a "home away from home" for families with seriously ill children, and supports initiatives to improve pediatric health.
- Our independent statewide chapter is 34 years old and in 2019 will be operating four Ronald McDonald Houses where 79 pediatric patients and their families will stay for free and supported by specialized programs and care. For more information on our mission, history and programs, please visit RMHCOregon.org
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (varies)
- Use RMHC vehicle to drive supplies between our two locations (in NE Portland and the South Waterfront) as well as make grocery runs to pick up weekly supplies at the store
- Drive families to and from locations such as the grocery store or field trip locations (OMSI, Oregon Zoo, etc.)
- Assist with grocery loading/unloading
- Communicate with RMHC Operations team to make sure all supplies are accurate
A background check and driver's license verification will be performed
About Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Oregon & Southwest Washington
2620 North Commercial Avenue, Portland, OR 97227, US
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Oregon and Southwest Washington provides a "home away from home" for families with seriously ill children, and supports initiatives to improve pediatric health.
Whether it's greeting guests, leading arts & crafts classes or baking cookies, volunteers create a loving "home away from home" for families. "Meals from the Heart" volunteers create delicious treats for guests, and our Children’s Program volunteers lead playtime activities for children offering respite to parents of seriously ill children.
We'll work with your schedule.
3410 SW Bond Ave.Portland, OR 97239
- Bus/Van Driving
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Monthly, ~3 hours
- Volunteer must be dependable and comfortable interacting with different types of people