Weekly Grocery Store Shuttle Driver for Families
2 people are interested
Grocery Store Shuttle Driver Volunteer
We are seeking all-stars to help support our expanding services to families at our South Waterfront Ronald McDonald House.
This is a weekly role, with ~2-hour shifts in the evenings, once or twice a week using an RMHC vehicle.
- You are friendly, people-person, comfortable interacting with adults and children
- You are happy to lend a listening ear while ensuring that transport is safe, calm and comfortable for all
- You feel comfortable driving in the evenings and in densely populated parts of Portland
- You work well in diverse, multicultural communities
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Oregon and SW Washington provides a "home away from home" for families with seriously ill children, and supports initiatives to improve pediatric health.
- Our independent statewide chapter is 34 years old and in 2019 will be operating four Ronald McDonald Houses where 79 pediatric patients and their families will stay for free and supported by specialized programs and care. For more information on our mission, history and programs, please visit RMHCOregon.org
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Use RMHC vehicle to drive guests to and from the grocery store in the evening
- Ensure a warm and welcome transportation experience to all families
- Assist with grocery loading/unloading as needed
- Communicate with families for pick up and drop off using a (provided) basic cell phone
A background check and driver's license verification will be performed
We'll work with your schedule.
3410 SW Bond Ave.Portland, OR 97239
- Bus/Van Driving
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Weekly, ~2 hours
- Volunteer must be dependable and comfortable interacting with different types of people