Distribution Assistants work at various satellite TCFB partner locations throughout the county to help distribute food to clients during their hours of operation. Each satellite has its own hours and may operate weekly, twice a week, every other week or monthly. Depending on the location and its unique needs, tasks may include set up and take down, unloading delivery trucks, sorting items, data entry, assisting clients with picking up their items, etc.
As a TCFB Satellite Distribution Assistant you will:
- Either meet Drivers and Copilots directly at the mobile location or meet at the downtown client service center and ride to the mobile location with a driver.
- Set up and disassemble distribution areas at mobile food bank locations
- Help secure a safe environment for drivers, clients, staff, and volunteers at all times.
- Assist clients with signing up for and renewing food benefits
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have a proactive, helpful, can-do attitude with the availability to commit to once per month commitments
- Neat, organized, able to work independently, and friendly to our clients, partner organizations, volunteers, and staff members.
- Clear criminal record of crimes against people and property.
This job may include such activities as sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, kneeling, lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs. If necessary, Pilots and Copilots can be assigned heavy lifting activities to accommodate for the needs of the Distribution Administrator.
Thurston County Food Bank is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that serves the core areas of Olympia, Lacey, and Tumwater, along with rural areas of Rochester, Tenino, Rainier, Yelm, Littlerock, and the Steamboat area. The main client service center is located in downtown Olympia, and provides food using the client choice model which allows families to choose the food that they want instead of receiving pre-made bag. The warehouse distribution center is located in Tumwater, which is where the satellite and school program orders are built.
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training