Do you want to end hunger in Thurston County? Here’s how you can help!
Satellite Volunteer Drivers transport food in a company vehicle to a predetermined destination partnered through the Thurston County Food Bank Satellite Program. Satellite Volunteer Drivers are an integral part of TCFB operations, collectively delivering food to over 40% of our clients, 51% of which are children under the age of 18. We provide safe, reliable vehicles, and we strive to provide a friendly, fun environment.
As a TCFB Satellite Volunteer Driver you will:
- Help load and unload delivery vehicles.
- Deliver food to satellite and mobile food bank locations.
- Comply with TCFB vehicle op?erating rules and regulations.
- Perform safety and cleanliness inspections of assigned vehicle by recording observed information in the vehicle logs.
- Report necessary repairs to designated staff members.
- Keep interior of assigned vehicle clean and orderly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license with no more than four (4) points assessed.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Have a proactive, helpful, can-do attitude with the flexibility to adjust to different schedules/routes.
- Neat, organized, able to work independently, and friendly to our clients, partner organizations, volunteers, and staff members.
- Any criminal records must be clear of crimes against people and property.
This is an active job that includes physical demands such as sitting, walking, bending, reaching, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying. Must be able to lift and carry packages up to 50 pounds.
Thurston County Food Bank is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that serves the core areas of Olympia, Lacey, and Tumwater, along with rural areas of Rochester, Tenino, Rainier, Yelm, Littlerock, and the Steamboat area. The main client service center is located in downtown Olympia, and provides food using the client choice model which allows families to choose the food that they want instead of receiving pre-made bag. The warehouse distribution center is located in Tumwater, which is where the satellite and school program orders are built.
- Truck Driving
- Bus/Van Driving
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21