Do you want to end hunger in Thurston County? Here’s how you can help!
Copilots assist drivers with transporting food in a company vehicle to a predetermined destination partnered through the Thurston County Food Bank Satellite Program. Satellite Volunteer Copilots are an integral part of TCFB operations, collectively helping deliver food to over 40% of our clients, 51% of which are children under the age of 18. We provide safe, reliable vehicles, and we strive to provide a friendly, fun environment.
As a TCFB Satellite Volunteer Copilot you will:
- Help load and unload delivery vehicles.
- Assist with navigating drivers to satellite and mobile food bank locations.
- Help secure a safe environment for drivers, clients, staff, and volunteers at all times.
- Comply with TCFB vehicle op?erating rules and regulations.
- Assist with performing safety and cleanliness inspections of assigned vehicle by recording observed information in the vehicle logs.
- Keep interior of assigned vehicle clean and orderly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have a proactive, helpful, can-do attitude with the flexibility to adjust to different schedules/routes.
- Neat, organized, able to work independently, and friendly to our clients, partner organizations, volunteers, and staff members.
- Any criminal records must be clear of crimes against people and property.
This is an active job that includes physical demands such as sitting, walking, bending, reaching, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying. Must be able to lift and carry packages up to 50 pounds.
Thurston County Food Bank is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that serves the core areas of Olympia, Lacey, and Tumwater, along with rural areas of Rochester, Tenino, Rainier, Yelm, Littlerock, and the Steamboat area. The main client service center is located in downtown Olympia, and provides food using the client choice model which allows families to choose the food that they want instead of receiving pre-made bag. The warehouse distribution center is located in Tumwater, which is where the satellite and school program orders are built.
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training