Do you want to end hunger in Thurston County? Here’s how you can help!
Grocery Prep Assistants work individually or in teams to assemble food orders which collectively feed over 1,000 families per month, distributed through the TCFB Satellite and Mobile Programs. The Satellite Program provides food to 40% of TCFB’s clients, which was roughly over 40,000 people in 2014, 51% of which were children. TCFB strives to provide a safe, friendly, and fun environment for volunteers and staff.
As a TCFB Grocery Prep Assistant you will:
- Work independently or with other Warehouse Volunteers to build grocery bulk orders or bags full of non-perishable foods to feed a family of various sizes with up to a week’s worth of groceries.
- Restock food items.
- Properly dispose of trash and recycling.
- Keep bagging area clean and organized.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Have a proactive, helpful, can-do attitude.
- Neat, organized, able to work with others, and friendly to our clients, partner organizations, volunteers, and staff members.
- Any criminal records must be clear of crimes against people and property.
This job may include such activities as sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, kneeling, lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs.
Thurston County Food Bank is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that serves the core areas of Olympia, Lacey, and Tumwater, along with rural areas of Rochester, Tenino, Rainier, Yelm, Littlerock, and the Steamboat area. The main client service center is located in downtown Olympia, and provides food using the client choice model which allows families to choose the food that they want instead of receiving pre-made bag. The warehouse distribution center is located in Tumwater, which is where the satellite and school program orders are built.
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment