Warehouse Crew Members work in teams to assemble and prepare food orders to be delivered to our satellite locations, which collectively feed over 1,000 families per month. The Satellite Program, operated out of our warehouse on Mottman Road in Tumwater, provides food to over 40% of TCFB’s clients, which was roughly 40,000 people in 2014, 51% of which were children. TCFB strives to provide a safe, friendly, and fun environment for all volunteers and staff.
As a TCFB Warehouse Crew Member you will:
- Work independently or with other Warehouse Volunteers to build grocery bulk orders or bags full of non-perishable foods to feed a family of various sizes with up to a week’s worth of groceries.
- Assemble pallet stacks of fresh produce, dairy and meat products in our walk-in cooler according to the weekly order sheets from satellites.
- Restock and sort food items.
- Properly dispose of trash and recycling.
- Keep bagging area clean and organized, etc. as needed
- Have a proactive, helpful, can-do attitude.
- Neat, organized, able to work with others, and friendly to our clients, partner organizations, volunteers, and staff members.
- Any criminal records must be clear of crimes against people and property.
This job may include such activities as sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, kneeling, lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs. Bringing a coat or warm sweater is recommended for tasks that require you to enter the walk-in cooler or freezer.
Thurston County Food Bank is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that serves the core areas of Olympia, Lacey, and Tumwater, along with rural areas of Rochester, Tenino, Rainier, Yelm, Littlerock, and the Steamboat area. The main client service center is located in downtown Olympia, and provides food using the client choice model which allows families to choose the food that they want instead of receiving pre-made bag. The warehouse distribution center is located in Tumwater, which is where the satellite and school program orders are built.
- Supply Chain Logistics
- Warehouse Equipment Operations
- Inventory Management
- Supply Chain
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment