The Living Desert
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where47900 Portola AvePalm Desert, CA 92260
* Enjoy people and interacting with others
* Be willing to complete training and demonstrate comprehension of information and techniques
* Have an established interest in nature, or the willingness to learn
* Have an open mind that is ready to learn and experience new things
* Be willing to represent The Living Desert in a friendly and professional manner
* Be able to communicate clearly and calmly
* Be able to model respect for the animals and the desert ecosystem
* Be responsible, committed, punctual, flexible and neat in appearance
* Have free time to devote to the job
* Complete and submit the Volunteer Application
* Pay a background check and materials fee
* Pass a standard background check
* Be a member of The Living Desert
* Complete all required training for assigned duties
* Purchase volunteer shirt
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Policy
- Animal Therapy
- Animal Care / Handling
- Habitat Restoration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- One 3-4 hour shift per week
- Complete and submit the Volunteer Application, pay a background check and materials fee, Be a Member
- Lincoln Elementary School
- Martha's Village & Kitchen
- Public Library Assistance
- Palm Desert Library
- Meals on Wheels Drivers
- Sky Valley Citizens on Patrol
- The Living Desert
- Coachella Valley Repertory
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center...
- Coachella Valley History Museum
- Jewish Family Service of the...
- RSVP Advisory Council Member
- Paws & Hearts
- Children Discovery Museum
- Eisenhower Medical Center
- RSVP - Volunteer Program Office...
- Palm Springs International Film...
- Cathedral City Library
- Jewish Family Services ( Office...
- Coachella Valley Volunteers In...