The Living Desert
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where47900 Portola AvePalm Desert, CA 92260
* Enjoy people and interacting with others
* Be willing to complete training and demonstrate comprehension of information and techniques
* Have an established interest in nature, or the willingness to learn
* Have an open mind that is ready to learn and experience new things
* Be willing to represent The Living Desert in a friendly and professional manner
* Be able to communicate clearly and calmly
* Be able to model respect for the animals and the desert ecosystem
* Be responsible, committed, punctual, flexible and neat in appearance
* Have free time to devote to the job
* Complete and submit the Volunteer Application
* Pay a background check and materials fee
* Pass a standard background check
* Be a member of The Living Desert
* Complete all required training for assigned duties
* Purchase volunteer shirt
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Policy
- Animal Therapy
- Animal Care / Handling
- Habitat Restoration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- One 3-4 hour shift per week
- Complete and submit the Volunteer Application, pay a background check and materials fee, Be a Member
- Baby or Not Pregnancy Choice
- Martha's Village & Kitchen
- Public Library Assistance
- Palm Desert Library
- Sky Valley Citizens on Patrol
- La Quinta Senior Center
- Mizell Senior Center Needs your...
- Coachella Valley Repertory
- Neuro Vitality Center
- Braille Institute
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center...
- Coachella Valley History Museum
- High School Students needing...
- Paws & Hearts
- The Narrow Door
- YMCA Of The Desert
- SafeHouse of the Desert
- RSVP - Volunteer Program Office...
- Palm Springs International Film...
- Student Ambassador SafeHouse