The Living Desert
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where47900 Portola AvenuePalm Desert, CA 92260
- Enjoy people and interacting with others
- Be willing to complete training and demonstrate comprehension of information and techniques
- Have an established interest in nature, or the willingness to learn
- Have an open mind that is ready to learn and experience new things
- Be willing to represent The Living Desert in a friendly and professional manner
- Be able to communicate clearly and calmly
- Be able to model respect for the animals and the desert ecosystem
- Be responsible, committed, punctual, flexible and neat in appearance
- Have free time to devote to the job
- Complete and submit the Volunteer Application
- Pay a background check and materials fee
- Pass a standard background check
- Be a member of The Living Desert
- Complete all required training for assigned duties
- Purchase volunteer shirt
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Policy
- Animal Therapy
- Animal Care / Handling
- Habitat Restoration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- One 3-4 hour shift per week
- Complete and submit the Volunteer Application, pay a background check and materials fee, Be a Member
- Lincoln Elementary School
- Martha's Village & Kitchen
- Voices for Children ( CASA )
- California Highway Patrol (...
- Palm Desert Library (Public...
- Palm Desert Library
- Coachella Valley Repertory
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center...
- Coachella Valley History Museum
- Jewish Family Service of the...
- RSVP Advisory Council Member
- Paws & Hearts
- Children Discovery Museum
- Eisenhower Medical Center
- RSVP - Volunteer Program Office...
- Palm Springs International Film...
- Cathedral City Library
- Jewish Family Services ( Office...
- Coachella Valley Volunteers In...
- Neuro Vitality Center ( Palm...