Mission of Eden Prairie Community Education:
Eden Prairie Community Education connects, empowers, and enriches peoples’ lives through lifelong learning and services to our diverse and evolving community.
Purpose of Position:
Join the fun in a class of vibrant one, two, or three year old children as they learn and grow.
Education Center (8040 Mitchell Road, Eden Prairie MN 55344)
- Support Early Childhood Family Education curriculum by completing tasks assigned by classroom teachers to further engage students.
- Foster a love of learning and literacy in students by playfully engaging them in a variety of ways.
- Participate in class-time activities in a supportive and responsible manner.
- Contribute to a high-quality learning environment by offering individualized support to children that may need additional help.
- Assist teacher with a wide array of activities: such as story time, projects, crafts, etc.
Volunteers are asked to spend 1- 4 hours per day in a classroom, at least once a week. It is preferred that volunteers commit to at least one term (September - December or January - June).
- An enthusiastic personality
- Ability to multitask in a lively environment
- Experience or interest in working and interacting with children
- Flexibility, or being able to adapt quickly to the changing classroom needs.
Apply or learn more at www.edenpr.org/volunteer
Eden Prairie Schools - Community Education
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Child Development
- Child Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training