Alzheimer's Association Support Group Facilitators needed! Mountain area
1 person is interested
Support Group Facilitators
Do you have a heart for families dealing with Alzheimer’s disease? Are you a good listener? Do you want to make a difference in your community? Consider becoming an Alzheimer’s Association Support Group Facilitator. The goal of the Alzheimer’s caregiver support groups is to provide emotional, social and/or educational support to group members. Facilitators should be:
- Experienced with dementia as a family member or healthcare professional preferred.
- Have the ability to be empathetic and separate personal needs from group needs.
- Have strong and effective listening and communication skills.
- Able to redirect and facilitate discussion
- Able to create and maintain an environment where participants’ thoughts and feelings are valued and members are treated with fairness, equity and respect.
To begin the process, fill out the application: http://act.alz.org/site/Survey?ACTION_REQUIRED=URI_ACTION_USER_REQUESTS&SURVEY_ID=36080
About Alzheimer's Association Western Carolina
4600 Park Rd Ste 250, Charlotte, NC 28209, US
To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research.
We'll work with your schedule.
Mountain areaAsheville, NC 28801
- People Skills
- Group Facilitation
- Relationship Building
- Critical Thinking
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hr training, 2 hrs monthly, 3-4 hrs preparation
- 1 year commitment