Alzheimer's Association Support Group Facilitators - Buncombe County area
1 person is interested
Care & Support Volunteers provide direct, hands-on assistance with those living with Alzheimer's and related dementia, caregivers, and the general public.
Do you have a heart for families dealing with Alzheimer’s disease? Are you a good listener? Do you want to make a difference in your community? Consider becoming an Alzheimer’s Association Support Group Facilitator. The goal of the Alzheimer’s caregiver support groups is to provide emotional, social and/or educational support to group members. Facilitators should be:
- Experienced with dementia as a family member or healthcare professional preferred.
- Have the ability to be empathetic and separate personal needs from group needs.
- Have strong and effective listening and communication skills.
- Able to redirect and facilitate discussion
- Able to create and maintain an environment where participants’ thoughts and feelings are valued and members are treated with fairness, equity and respect.
For more information about joining our Community Education Team, please complete the Volunteer Interest Profile at: https://www.alz.org/northcarolina/volunteer/care_support_volunteers or call 980-498-7760.
About Alzheimer's Association Western Carolina
4600 Park Rd Ste 250, Charlotte, NC 28209, US
To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research.
We'll work with your schedule.
Buncombe County areaAsheville, NC 28801
- People Skills
- Group Facilitation
- Relationship Building
- Critical Thinking
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hr training, 2 hrs monthly meeting, 3-4 hrs preparation
- 1 year commitment