The purpose of IHSF (In Her Shoes Foundation) is to bring women of all ages and backgrounds together; to inspire, connect, educate and support the development and maintenance of a positive and healthy lifestyle. Through four main concepts - inspire, connect, educate, and support - women of In Her Shoes Foundation seek to provide a safe and collaborative environment for all women.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Operations will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for all In Her Shoes Foundation programs and will manage a group of program directors. She or he will provide leadership to the strategic planning process and will implement new programmatic strategic initiatives. In addition, the Director of Operations will work with IHSF’s Board of Directors to keep them abreast of programmatic strategies and challenges.
The Director of Operations will partner with the CEO, CMO, CFO, and Director of Human Resources and will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the operational aspects of the annual budget.
Program Operational Leadership:
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all programs and services, developing a broad and deep knowledge of all programs.
- Identify opportunities for IHSF to leverage cross-program strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or to address organizational challenges.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain IHSF high-performance senior management team with an emphasis on developing capacity in strategic analysis and planning and program budgeting.
- Develop and implement training programs and retreats to expand the capacity of all staff.
- Prepare and submit an annual operational budget, manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Ensure the continued financial viability of IHSF’s operational units through sound fiscal management.
External Relationship Development:
- Manage and cultivate existing relationships with funders to secure and expand recurring revenue streams.
Strategic Plan Implementation:
- Provide programmatic leadership and input for all strategic plan implementation processes with the CEO and staff. Coach program directors as they implement the strategic plan and transition program operations.
- Develop and implement a system for tracking and reporting on the progress of the strategic plan implementation.
- Experience and a track record in program management.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach a staff to manage and develop high-performance teams and develop and implement program strategies.
- Experience in program budgeting and fiscal management.
- Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to point to specific examples of having led organizational transformation projects and program development.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management.
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
In Her Shoes Foundation is run entirely by volunteers. If you have the passion to help women and want to use your skills to help the organization grow, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Project Manager
- Manager of Corporate Partnerships
- Facilitator for Professional...
- Facilitator for Teen Girls...
- Director of Operations
- Board of Directors
- Social Media Representative
- Event Planner
- Blog Editor
- Human Resources Manager
- IHSF Blogger
- IT Project Manager
- Grant Writer
- Program Manager - Girl Rising
- Graphic Designer
- Development Coordinator