15 people are interested
Girls For Technology
Girls For Technology (GFT) is a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit organization providing academic enrichment programs to underserved and under-represented adolescent girls in Hartford and surrounding towns. Girls For Technology’s main focus is to pique girls’ interest in science, technology, engineering, and math.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s or higher degree in Development, Philanthropy, Communications, English or related degree. A minimum of 4-6 years of experience in professional-level grant writing for a nonprofit organization. Direct experience in writing and editing successful grant proposals; demonstrated proven ability to research grant prospects for proposal writing. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word and other applications. Must have demonstrated strong verbal and written skills.
Job Summary: Must have excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills along with the ability to utilize those skills to create successful proposals. The Grant Writer is responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources. This includes researching, compiling, writing and editing grant applications, as well as developing templates to streamline the grant proposal process. Under the direction of the VP of Operations, the grant writer will work closely with the leadership identifying funding need and funding opportunities. The grant writer will also create, manage and closely monitor the grants calendar including timely submission of letters of inquiry, grant proposals and all relevant reports made to successful grant submissions as needed.
Grants Program Responsibilities:
- Works under the direction of the VP of Operations to develop and execute strategies to develop and maintain a robust grants program that meets annual production and revenue goals.
- Performs prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Coordinates with departmental leadership on projects that relate to them to obtain necessary information for proposals/grants and applications.
- Develops and prepares proposals and grant applications according to guidelines; complies with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Provides stewardship to current grant making donors, including working with VP of Development, Marketing Director and other relevant staff to provide regular written updates (newsletters, etc.) to corporate and foundation donors.
- Acquires and maintains sound knowledge of the organization, and uses that knowledge and understanding to better comprehend all projects and programs for which grants will be sought and to recommend the seeking of grants.
- Tracks statistics relevant to development and provides department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship (visitor number and diversity, educational program attendance, etc).
- Works with the VP of Operations to provide development input for all written institutional materials (including Annual Report and the Messenger).
- Assists with other fundraising projects as requested
- Continually strives to maintain an updated and accurate database of accounts, documenting activities and opportunities and following existing process and business rules requirements to achieve best practices in data and process management.
- Participates and assists in the planning of activities that fall under general development responsibilities.
- All other duties as assigned by VP of Operations.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proven grant prospect research skills
- Ability to understand the needs of both the agency in need of funding and the organization that is offering the grant money
- Great organizational skills
- Being able to understand and execute complex instructions
- Outstanding computer skills
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- Computer Science
- Background Check