Ready to be the Chair of the very successful Redmond Historical Society Saturday Speaker Series Planning Committee?
Manage and grow the signature program of the Redmond Historical Society. Topics range from local through state historical interest. Programs are held in the morning on the second Saturday of the month September through May (excluding December) at the Old Redmond Schoolhouse Community Center and attract an average audience of 130 people.
Responsibilities include working with a small committee to identify speakers and develop the schedule. Exceptional volunteer opportunity for someone who loves history and is willing to take the lead. Minimum two year commitment beginning 2017. Approximately 10 hrs. per month. See website for current speaker schedule.
We are a small 501(c)(3) non-profit with a working board, and staff support for this volunteer position.
- General interest in history will make this fun
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to work with other & dirtect volunteers
- Strong writing and general computer skills
- Event marketing
- Public Speaking
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Program Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 15-20 hr/ month Sept through May
- Ability to take charge and lead and meet goals. Ability to handle hands-on tasks.